1/28/09

These days





On these cold days when I just don't have it in me to haul my swollen body and two boys out the door, this is what we find ourselves doing.  Theo's new found love of Play Dough and Jacks amazing computer skills on pbskids.org can (thankfully) occupy them for a while.  No, not long enough for me to get a nap or cook a real meal, but enough to go to the bathroom in peace or make a quick phone call.  Small blessings.  I love that Theo can roll little ropes and balls and rarely eats them.  And that Jack knows how to get himself back to his page should he hit a wrong button and has the patience to figure out a game now.  I guess it slightly beats all the TV watching we could be doing and probably will be doing when Harper arrives.  (How else will I be able to feed this baby in peace?)  

6 comments:

Elise said...

Evan is all about the computer games too, except he frequents Nickjr.com. We'll have to try the PBS site. I'm not pregnant and i still hate to drag my boys out and about. And it doesn't even snow here! I'm just lazy.

Elise said...

By the way, this is a much better background. The pink one was stimulating my gagg reflex.

Lindsey said...

I vote you pat yourself on the back for finding anything at all educatinal to occupy their time, considering that you are in end-of-preggo stage. And was that a name announcement?? Can I get excited about it? Is it that official?? Wish I could be at your shower this weekend--have a GREAT time!

natalie said...

Harper? You seriously have the cutest kids names ever!

The Jessee Family said...

I can't wait for that little baby!

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie, Thanks for those pictures. What a great writer you are and a great Mom as well. I can't wait to meet Harper. I'm getting excited. I find myself thinking about you a lot lately. Babata had her baby this morning our time. A little girl, some crazy name I can't remember..... Tehya or something like that. Love you, Dad