11/2/08

Halloween


As you can see, we had tons of fun on this Halloween trick-or-treating with our friends! What do you mean those aren't my children? or our friends? Yeah, so we had camera difficulties ie: couldn't find it, and yeah I'm basically an unfit mother to not capture their adorable faces all dressed up and hungry for C-A-N-D-Y!! We really did have a great time, though. Jack was out of his shell thanks for his morally supportive and extra-friendly side-kick Anabelle. He had no qualms marching up to the door, saying "trick or treat" and "thank you". Theo was a trooper with his over-stuffed pumpkin costume looking like an Oompa-Loompa/ that kid in his snow suit on A Christmas Story. He certainly had a death-grip on his candy bag, walked right into several houses, took more than his share if offered the bowl, and said "bye-bye" to everyone. I learned that "ya-ya" menas candy in his language. It was a great time. Jack keeps checking that to make sure that Halloween will indeeed come again and that now that's it's over doesn't mean it's done forever. A year is a long time to wait though! Atleast we have Christmas to look forward to...
But, just to prolong it a bit I made some Frankenstein brains for dinner the day after and for the first time didn't have to bribe Jack to eat his broccoli or meatballs. Amazing!





4 comments:

natalie said...

Oh man, you had me going there for a mintue. Ha! I would have loved to see your pumpkin/oompa loompa, I'm sure he was terrific.
Nice Frankenstein brains, girl.

chaffinclan said...

I love how you can get kids to eat stuff when it looks like a monster.

ps- Theo? So cute at church today. He brightened my sacrament meeting with his hellos.

april said...

love the frankenstein brains. yeah, and the pic fooled me for a sec too.

Elise said...

What the heck is on that plate. You said my food looked like vomit.....is that marshmallow on the same dish as spaghetti. You are a freak!!