10/28/08

Chores



We're trying to get Jack involved in helping out around the apartment- not a very easy task. His new chore, however, is to take out the garbage. He takes the sidewalk to the end then rounds the corner, opens the dumpster and tosses it in. I think he likes the independence of it as I let him go alone. This is no easy task for me as he is out of my view for about 30 seconds as he goes around the corner. He looks so grown-up. Of course there is a chore chart with incentives as he fizzles out of things quickly unless there is a reward. I just get a kick out of this bit of independence, look forward to when he is able to help out with more, and feel somewhat melancholy that my little boy is growing up.

2 comments:

natalie said...

He is so grown up! Rewards are a must not matter how old you are. :) Way to go Jack!

Happy Lizards said...

He is so cute! And I love Theo's red hair (I have a soft spot for all red headed children!) It was so great to see you and Blake a couple of weeks ago and made me realize how much I miss the Manchester ward and Connecticut in general. Perhaps one day when Kirby retires from solar we'll come back! Thanks for taking time to visit with me. You look awesome and I don't agree with #31 on your list! Have a great day! Love, Tammy