3/23/09

Week 5

Going from a 2 to 3 kid mom has forced me into accepting some normally untolerated behaviors and giving in to things I vowed to never do. To make it through the day, we (the boys) often take up to 3 baths, eat candy or cookies with breakfast (note, not for, but with. I do fight some battles...), leave spilled Goldfish, milk, partially eaten apples etc. on the living room floor until bedtime, dig up the front yard, climb onto and into things we shouldn't (as seen below) and various other deviant and socially unacceptable behaviors. As I am forced to relinquish power over things simply because there is not enough of me to go around to fulfill everyones needs, I am noticing what a controll freak I am/was. This may be a good lesson for me in the long run, if I don't crack first. As we approach week 5 with our Harper, things are not getting back to normal, or normal for us, but are becoming more predictable at least. I can live with that.




Though she may be the one to "blame" for throwing us off our rhythm and putting me down in the books as one of "those moms", it's all worth it to look at this beautiful face everyday. We love our Harper.

7 comments:

Tice said...

I'd be happy to come to your house and entertain Jack and Theo (and hold baby Harper) when I get back from Florida. I relate best to toddlers and I love to cuddle a newborn.

She's gorgeous. I can't wait to see what her hair color turns out to be.

april said...

not sure what to say except love, love, love the pics of the kids and totally know about the things you thought you'd never do. i couldn't even remember when i was suppose to start feeding solids by number four. you're still one of the best moms i know and those kids sure look happy (except theo in the first one).

p.s. like the new background.

Elise said...

"Those moms.." lame. I like those kind of moms. I've always been one...and dont care. evan had marshmallows for breakfast.

Analia and Co. said...

Hey I haven't had a third to blame for this kind of mother stuff I just thought it was OK. Once in a while candy goes well with breakfast...as in if they are totally happy than I can go take a shower or something. Love the pics...your kids are sweet!

april said...

someone in your mom's ward just left a comment on my blog. i guess we have a mutual friend. anyhoo, she saw th epost i finally did of your shower. you ok if i tell her to check out your blog too?

Elise said...

You are a horrible blogger. you constantly let me down. I don't think we can be friends anymore. Too bad we will always be related...well, unless you and Blake don't work out after all.

Lindsey said...

Good job letting go where you have to. I think you're a great mom. And also, I'm a little nervous to transition to 3. :)