2/12/09

February 16th will now be EXTRA special!

I've just returned from the doctors office with the plan of being induced on Monday-7am.  Since Blake needs to be out of town on Thursday and Friday and being overdue as it is, AND to fit into the OB's schedules etc., Monday was the best date we came up with.  I feel a bit guilty as this is Jack's birthday as well but am trying to play it up to him as "SO COOL"! to have the same birthday as his sister.   He's, however, very hung up on not wanting to share his cake or ANY of his presents with the baby.  He did offer to "throw her just one crumb" though.  It's a start.  So after several promises that he would ALWAYS get his very own cake and NEVER have to share his presents, he's somewhat appeased.  I now need to get over feeling as though I've trumped my big boy's special day.  So that's the plan for anyone waiting to hear.   Naturally I'll post pics as soon as I'm able.  Till then.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, just the news we've been waiting for!

Is your mom coming down to help? When can we bring you dinner.

Maybe you could just unofficially celebrate Jack's bday a day early every year.

Someday they may think it's cool to share.

So glad you have a light at the end of the tunnel!

sorichfamily said...

hooray lady!

i am so excited!! i'm sure all the birthday hubbub will work out in the end! it's just hard to understand it when you're 4. but, we know you will make is so special no matter what! that's just how you roll!

and who knows...maybe you will go on your own before then...we preggo ladies can only dream of these things sometimes!! i'm so happy you have an end in sight!! my heart is so happy for you!

i second amanda's comments...we are going to be bringing some serious helping love your way...what is your dinner request? oh, it is all just so exciting!

congrats!

Elise said...

I was wondering if she came yet...I've been neglecting my blog reading for a while so.....now I am excited to hear my new niece, who I will hardly ever see and know, but will always wish I did, will soon arrive. MAybe you will have her today or tomorrow, and there will be no worries about the shared spotlight....but if you have my luck, that won't happen.

Lindsey said...

Oh, hooray for you!! It's Tuesday, so that must mean you're the mama of a baby girl by now! Congratulations! I can't WAIT to see pictures. I'd join the bringing-you-dinner club if I was there. And I think it's cool they share a birthday. I bet they will too someday. What are the chances of that?? Ok, Harper, you're loved already! Happy birthday!

Babata said...

Congrats! I'm excited to see pictures! Our little Tehya just turned 3 weeks old! It really does go so fast!

Lindsey said...

C'MON!!! I can't wait any longer to see pictures! I'm checking your blog like 10 times a day...it's ruling my life...I can't come to grips with the fact that I'm not living in CT anymore, so I can't just pop over and smother her cheeks with kisses. I beg of you to post pictures! :) ('Cause I'm sure you don't have anything better to be doing right now...)

Elise said...

Dude- We didn't even get a phone call or an email. I'm hurt. Where's the baby?

Anonymous said...

She is the most beautiful newborn I have ever seen. Absolutley precious. Congrats. I can not wait to meet her.
Love you!
Niki