12/19/08

Where's the snow?

Well, It's been some time since I've posted.  Nothing very extraordinary has been going on so don't feel too left out.  As seen below, we shopped for our Christmas tree on my birthday, spent some very chilly afternoons just playing outside and attempted to (very last minute) take some Christmas pictures of the boys.  It's a very good thing that my husband is much more savvy and able to take pictures than I am or nothing would have come out.  We have been "decked" and ready for Christmas for sometime now that  Jack is beginning to think Christmas day is all a hoax for as long as it's taking to arrive.  The patience of little boys...  Theo has his"HO HO HO's" down and has basically given up attacking the Christmas tree.  For some reason he hasn't even attempted to open any of the gifts from the grandparents that are under the tree.  I assume he doesn't understand that you can rip the paper, thank goodness.   What we are really awaiting is a good snow storm.  We have cut out more than enough snowflakes and have hung them ALL on the walls which is nice for a time but we are desperately seeking the real stuff.  Jack gets up in the AM before I do and comes down stairs to turn on PBS.  Lately he has started to watch the news for the daily weather report before flipping over to Reading Rainbow.  He is my weather man as he gives me the forecast each morning.  So we are actually expecting a good amount of snow today, tomorrow and Sunday (according to Jack).  There will be some major disappointments if it doesn't materialize.  Is 3 years old too young to loose faith in the weather man?   Well, I wish all who may read this a very Merry Christmas! and in the likely case I don't get back to this blog before then, a Happy New Year! too.



4 comments:

Elise said...

I am so proud of you. I was shocked and happily surprised to see you posted. My Christmas wish has come true!
I am dying from the cuteness of your boys...and can not take Theo's chubby cheeks! I just want to squish him.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas guys! We will miss seeing you this year. I hpe you guys snow... if not I'll mail you some of ours...we are getting dumped on even as I type. love you all!
Michelle

Lindsey said...

Your boys are so cute! I can't believe Jack gets the weather report. Eli would die of boredom on the couch before he would willingly watch the weather channel. Jack is such an amazing little boy! Merry Christmas...miss you guys!

Happy Lizards said...

They are getting so big! And I just love their hair. Happy late birthday to Blake and we hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! PS. When is your baby due?